Since 2003, Public Works has served as the third-party evaluator to many grantees funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Smaller Learning Community (SLC) implementation grants. SLC implementation can include different structural reorganizations including schools-within-schools, career academies, and grade level houses. SLC grants also support a range of strategies for providing personalized instruction and guidance to students.
SLCs offer a an “umbrella” model for high school reform impacting all three Rs – Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships. Put simply, SLCs aim to augment a traditional emphasis on academic rigor with relevance and relationships so that students are engaged and connected to a rigorous, standards-based instructional program.
To access information about past or current SLC implementation efforts, please choose from one of our clients below:
- Los Angeles Unified School District (30 high schools)
- Orange County Office of Education (7 high schools)
- San Bernardino County Office of Education (10 high schools)
- Petaluma School District (2 high schools)
- Inglewood Unified School District (1 school)
© 2012. Public Works Group. All Rights Reserved.