Optional Tests

Optional Tests for High School Students
If a student is bound for a four-year college, he/she will need to take the PSAT (given only in October and recommended in the sophomore and junior years). They will also need to take the SAT I and II or the ACT. These are college aptitude tests and should be taken at least by the spring of the junior year. Students may try them before that if they wish. Fees apply to each test.

If a student is going to the University of California or one of the other very competitive colleges, they will need to take the Subject Tests. These are subject matter tests and should be taken in the year a particular course is studied. For example, in the spring of the year a student studies Biology, he/she should take the Subject Test in Biology.

You can find out more about the PSAT, SAT I and the Subject Tests online here.

>  You can find out about the ACT online here. The student site is here.

Back to Admissions

© 2014. Public Works Group. All Rights Reserved.